It is hard to believe that today marks the first full day of summer — with our weather it has felt like summer for a couple of weeks! Yesterday which marked the summer solstice, also marked 4 more months until our wedding day! I cannot believe that it is coming up — I can hardly wait!
For me the start of each new season is a time to look at life and reevaluate where you are. So with the start of this new season, I thought it would be a good time to set out some goals I have for this season. I have also recently read about how goals are something we have more control over, where hopes are things we would like to happen, but don’t always have total control of. I like the distinction, so thought I would share some of my goals and hopes for summer with you!
1. Finish my thesis! I am so ready to have this written and done!!!
2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water. I feel so much better when I drink water daily.
3. Work out 3-4 times per week. I have let my exercise slack — hence why my weekly workouts have not been blogged. Time to get back into it.
4. Eat cleanly. I want to track my food at least 6 days a week to help keep me accountable. I have noticed that I truly feel so much better when I eat well. Now it is just a matter of following through with it!
5. Order and send out my invitations for the wedding.
6. Finish most of the smaller details for the wedding before I got back to work in August.
1. Pass my thesis defense!
2. Lose 10-15 pounds — I want to get back to my happy weight– the weight I feel best at.
3. Spend some time enjoying family and friends.
What are you goals and hopes for Summer?